Saturday, July 5, 2008

Here we go again....

That's right folks, Hollywood is coming out with another - and this is shocking, believe me - REMAKE. And it only gets better, it seems that this time the remake is of The Karate Kid and the director/producer is going to be *drumroll please* Will Smith. [LINK!]

Not only that, it seems that it is going to star Smith's son, Jaden. I don't really know what to think about this, as I am usually wary of nepotism - except in the case of Helena Bonham Carter in Tim Burton films, BUT she was a good actress before she married him. Now, I could be proven wrong and Jaden could be a good actor. We'll see... or rather other people will see as I don't think the Karate Kid necessitates a remake.

And beyond that, I am getting pretty tired of Hollywood regurgitating the same old movies. Lately it's either remakes or comic book movies. Blah. I mean, I have never been a big fan of mainstream movies period (I usually stick to indie and the Criterion Collection), but the movie theatres are starting to look like a giant roman shower. No thanks LA.

No comments: