Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Coffee Art. Not the Frothy Kind.

Check out this great article in the NY Times today. It's about a graphic artist named Christoph Niemann, and his latest series, a collection of "napkin art" (for lack of a better word). The art is stains on a napkin (presumably using coffee?), creating images that accompany a brief story just below the napkin. They all have to do with coffee culture and personal anecdotes about experiences with coffee. 

As an addict myself, here's one of my favorites. Click on it to enlarge.



Along with the accompanying text/story:
Here’s a chart that shows my coffee bias over the years.

For good measure I have added my bagel preferences over the same period. (1) Drip coffee, (2) Starbucks, (3) blueberry bagels, (4) sesame bagels, (5) poppy-seed bagels, (6) everything bagels

Please don’t hold my brief affair with blueberry bagels against me. I cured myself of this aberration.

Love it. :D

No comments: