Friday, August 1, 2008

Surprised?

It appears that now the Bush administration is attempting to classify birth control and IUDs as.... abortion.

That's right, you heard me correctly. Abortion.

I cannot believe the lengths conservatives will go to try and make babies happen, as if the world wasn't overpopulated as it is.

At least Obama has outright opposed the bill - very uncharacteristic of a person running for president - and McCain has declined comment. The pill has been around for so long I doubt this will go anywhere, I just can't believe someone would actually try this.

1 comment:

C.B. said...

Hmm, that reminds me of a video clip I saw today in which a comedian pointed out that you never see birth control marketed as what it actually is - a contraceptive - but rather its selling point is ALWAYS as a period-constrictor, which if anything is really just a side effect of its first purpose.